Conference of the Cultural Routes Programme at the International Tourism Fair in Belgrade
The Cultural Routes programme was launched by the Council of Europe in 1987. Its objective was to demonstrate, by means of a journey through space and time, how the heritage of the different countries and cultures of Europe contributes to a shared cultural heritage. The Cultural Routes put into practice the fundamental principles of the Council of Europe: human rights, cultural democracy, cultural diversity and identity, dialogue, mutual exchange and enrichment across boundaries and centuries.
The Council of Europe and the European Commission Joint Programme on Cultural Routes, in partnership with the Ministry of Culture and Information of Republic of Serbia and the National Tourism Organisation of Serbia is honored to invite you to attend a conference on the theme of:
"Council of Europe cultural routes as a model for the development of
trans-national thematic cultural tourism"
at the 36th International Tourism Fair Belgrade on 27th February 2014, Thursday, Hall 4, Conference room at first floor from 15:00 until 17:00h with the participation of:
- Antje ROTHEMUND, Head of Council of Europe Office in Belgrade
- Oskar BENEDIKT, Deputy Head of European Union Delegation to Serbia
- Penelope DENU, Director, European Institute of Cultural Routes, Executive Secretary, Council of Europe Enlarged Partial Agreement on Cultural Routes
- Slavica TRIFUNOVIC, Assistant Minister for International Cooperation, European Integration and Projects, Ministry of Culture and Information, Serbia
- Gordana PLAMENAC,CEO Managing Director, National Tourism Organisation of Serbia
- Inger HARLEVI, Route Manager, Vice President, Council of Europe Cultural Route “The Hanse”
- Michel THOMAS-PENETTE, Delegate General, Council of Europe Cultural Route “The European Route of Historic Thermal Towns”
- Danko COSIC, Danube Competence Center, Project Manager, “Roman Emperors Routes and the Danube Wine Route” project, candidate for certification as Council of Europe Cultural Route
The conference will be followed by a reception at the stand of the National Tourism Organisation of Serbia where a selection of distinguished Danube Wines offered by the project Roman Emperors and Danube Wine Route, will be served.
Furthermore, you are invited to discover the Council of Europe Routes at the information desk hosted by the National Tourism Organisation of Serbia, test your knowledge and win prizes with a quiz on Council of Europe Cultural Routes!
We look forward to meeting you in Belgrade at the International Tourism Fair, from 27th February until 2nd March 2014. (Beogradski sajam, Bulevar vojvode Misica 14).
Files for download